In light of the new year, we wanted to give you some advice for what to do as January is coming to its end.
- Get all accounting information for 2016 into an accounting system, preferably QuickBooks. Make sure all your documentation is gathered and organized. Remember that Form 940, Employer’s Annual Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return, Form 944, Employer’s Annual Federal Tax Return, 1099’s and W-2’s are due by January 31st to the IRS, contractors and employees, respectively. You will need to get year-end closing entries from your CPA after they review your database to file tax returns.
- Review your marketing and social media plans to set goals for 2017. Determine if they are still relevant and current with what your needs are for your company.
- Make sure your marketing materials are current and your website is current.
- Network and stay in touch with your clients and potential clients.
- Start with a fresh attitude and a renewed spirit for 2017!